Last week I jumped on Skype to have a video chat with the Wizard of Moz, Rand Fishkin. But we didn’t talk typical SEO strategies, tactics, and techniques. We talked business. More specifically, we discussed how to grow your SEO business. If you’re an SEO service provider or a digital marketing agency that offers SEO services, you may want to watch this 30 minute video. From SEO consultant to CEO and founder of the most popular SEO software on the planet, Rand has a unique and interesting perspective on how SEO companies can provide better SEO services to their customers and grow their business.
Here are some of the questions I ask Rand:
- How do you start a business in SEO?
- What are the biggest mistakes SEO companies are still making in 2016?
- Should SEO companies promise revenue or links and articles?
- Should SEO companies provide other services like web design and conversion optimization?
- Should SEO agencies be worried about in-house consultants or DIY SEO tools?
- Is SEO dying?
- Should digital marketing agencies sell “SEO” or use other terms like “content marketing?”